[consulting] Drupal server requirements

Lists listout at accidentaltechie.org
Tue Mar 28 18:00:44 UTC 2006

"Gerhard Killesreiter" wrote:

> That typical Drupal user does not have the money to pay a consultant too. You
> are off topic.

I take it from the context that the 'you' here was 'me' (I didn't start the
thread), but I'm not entirely sure what portion was off-topic.  So, let me
say that I'm sorry for not recognizing more clearly the distinctions between
the different lists (I subscribed to 3 of them: dev, consult, announce).

Thanks for the note, Gerhard.  I'll be sure to be more "vertical" in my
future comments.  Mucho gusto. ;)

"Chris Johnson" wrote:

> This topic thread was started by Clara Hurst, who was asking about server
> hardware specifications for a site her company is writing a proposal for.

Thanks Chris.  I did take a specific installation issue and make it a
general statement -- not helpful in the short-term.

I appreciate the helpful feedback from long-time list members. Some lists
you get scolded pretty hard when you're new...here, I appreciate the gentle
reminders from folks that it's important to keep topics "sorted" properly
into their respective lists.

I'm more informed, and that's good.  Thanks, Gerhard and Chris for taking
your time to nudge my thinking toward the center.

--
Gary