[consulting] multisite with shared users, but with different roles

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Mar 30 16:18:25 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Hi,
> sharing tables has a lot of downsides. I think you will like sqlauth for your
> project. AFAIKS it is the ideal tool to get yourself rolling.

Lets not overstate the issue. I have done lots of table sharing sites.
The only downside I know of is that upgrades are slightly more
difficult. Any other downsides?

Laura specified that she wants to share profile info too and thus we are
beyond authentication sharing. If all you need is authentication, then
yes I think sql auth is a good idea. I am considering it for
groups.drupal.org