[consulting] Current state of newsletter systems

Scott Trudeau strudeau at umich.edu
Mon Nov 27 20:23:27 UTC 2006

Civimail is a weighty beast -- doable if you are/have a good sysadmin
and root on your boxes and willing to handle postmaster issues
(getting whitelisted with major ISPs, etc.)... but for high volume
mailing, if you can afford it, I'd look for a hosted solution.  I know
Gaiahost has some Civimail experience and I think CivicSpace is
testing hosted Drupal/CiviCRM/CiviMail right now...

I've heard some folks *cough*Advomatic*cough*  have code that
integrates Drupal/CiviCRM in some fashion with some major list hosts
(ConstantContact, Topica, etc.) but I don't think there is anything
public.

I'm toying w/ the idea of building a module to integrate specifically
with CampaignMonitor only because their API is so nice and neat.
There's probably some "right way" metathinking about how to abstract
this all out but that's more work than I'm willing to do. :)

Scott