[consulting] Issue tracker specs

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Thu Oct 26 20:08:58 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 12:32, Morbus Iff wrote:

> But, you don't need to stop there. We've got our CCK node type 'monkey'
> (CCK to future proof it for us), and we've made it an Organic Group (so
> as to get all the OG features). We can also have Case Tracker treat a
> 'monkey' node type as a Case Tracker project - now 'monkey' is both a
> CCK node type (infinitely flexible), an Organic Group (with subscription
> options and other OG features), AND a Case Tracker project. All three
> modules will take this lowly 'monkey' and make it better.

I am currently an idiot. Now that you've explained it, it seems so obvious,
however, I've stared at those areas before and not seen this relationship.

> Thus, our 'monkey' node type:
>
>   * allows new fields to be added to it (CCK),
>   * is an Organic Group with subscription options (OG),
>   * is a Case Tracker project that cases can be assigned to.

So if you have more than one project you have to create a new CCK node type,
or the various 'monkey' nodes can be projects themselves? It seems to me that
Drupal operates in the manner of the latter, but your final statement above
sounds like you are saying it does the former.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/