[consulting] How to send/receive money (was: being a listed consultant)

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Apr 9 16:35:06 UTC 2007

> Actually, currency, precious metals etc are accepted by Fedex, UPS, etc;
> they're referred to as "Articles of Extraordinary Value" or "Valuable
> Cargo" in the service guide. HOWEVER -- you cannot declare a value of
> more than $500, and good luck getting someone else to insure your
> shipment. IOW, it's _possible_ to do but is still, as Khalid says, a bad
> idea.

Awesome! So basically, it's IBAN transfer or nothing. That transfer is a remnant of a pre-Internet era, when the fastest communication literally was wiring (aka using a telegraph). I can't wait to see something fast and easy... but seeing how much the banks profit from this for basically nothing, I can see how it will not happen in the short time.

NK