[consulting] How to send/receive money

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Apr 10 04:53:58 UTC 2007

Benjamin Melançon wrote:
> As far as using a merchant account collaboratively, do you know if one
> merchant account can serve multiple domains?
IANAA(*), but...

In my experience, domains are irrelevant to the banks -- different
domains could be treated like different store locations, or different
departments within a single store. They want a single corporate entity
to deal with and a single commercial bank account into which to deposit
money from payments. How it comes in -- whether from a magstripe reader
on  a cash register or an electronic sale using übercart -- is flexible.
It's totally possible that multiple cart installations  will work with a
single merchant account, so long as you're OK with deposits from all
transactions go into a single account. Lots depends on which merchant
card vendor you use.

- Evan

(*) - I am not an accountant