[consulting] How to send/receive money

sime info at urbits.com
Tue Apr 10 07:10:33 UTC 2007

I want to pass on advice that was given to me ages ago, when I was
considering taking payments on behalf of my customers with low-volume
on-line sales.

If you want to use one merchant account for multiple recipients, some
banks may look at you funny. I'm aware that there is a type of fraud
associated with receiving payments on behalf of others - it's called
factoring.

I don't have enough accounting smarts to understand, I think paypal have
been accused of it form time to time. Anyway, better out than in.

Simon