[consulting] Consultants that have deployed healthcare-related Drupal projects

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Wed Apr 18 14:17:59 UTC 2007

I have some background in healthcare database systems, all back in my pre-Drupal days (20 or so years in healthcare system of one kind or another). I think one of the biggest issues would be that healthcare data needs very robust and flexible access control - probably multiple kinds of field level access control -- and I don't know if that is going to be possible in Drupal. Public facing sites should be fine, since they wouldn't need that, but anything that is tracking private and confidential healthcare data could be an issue.

There used to be a group on gdo for healthcare, but it looks like it got deleted after inactivity, but someone has opened up a replacement at http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-health. It would be good to consolidate and document issues there rather than in an email list where it will all get buried.

Karen