[consulting] Video Conferencing?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:32:59 UTC 2007

The bread and butter communication, both with remote clients and with remote
developers, is with what might be called "URL's & Skype".
Flash URL's through the Skype chat, and "show".

Then with the Skype outage (traumatic), "Plan B" was with Google talk, which
works very well. And in the chat department, I hadn't known about MSN's
"handwriting" sharing feature.

But the Drupal Dojo group perfected the use of computer screen sharing VNC
with reflector, so that it was easy for the teacher to hook up to a VNC
reflected server, and for eager learners to run VNC clientes. So, sound
channel was Skype (even with 20-30 people on, it worked OK, then in the last
stretch began to flake out with more than 10) but could be MSN (which allows
conferencing) too. One-on-one can be google talk, which has excellent
quality too.

But the "URL's and Skype" works so well in that it is great for most needs
and doesn't require much setup.

But I am eager to learn of other convenient alternatives.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar