[consulting] to fix a major limitation of Drupal design

George Por George at Community-Intelligence.com
Sun Aug 26 22:59:17 UTC 2007

Dear Sami Khan,

Thank you for sharing your insight about this, which sound promising.

> It's trivial to write a basic module, but not so to tie it to all the
> other infrastructure that's grown up around Drupal.

What negative consequences could it imply if the non-trivial part would
remain unaddressed?

> For instance, to
> add a tag field you could easily use hook_comment to add the field and
> then create a term_comment table to store the cid,tid relationship.
> You could probably even do community tagging using similar method
> through hook_comment. Then you can simply theme it using the theme
> functions as long as you modify it to include the tags. Actually the
> whole damn thing is really trivial. If you want a module, I could cook
> one up for you... or any of the other great Drupal ninjas around here.

If it would let us add tags to comments, I'd be much interested in that.
William offered he can do something about taxonomy terms and you're talking
about tags. I don't understand everything you say cuz I am only a community
architect, not a geek. Given that we need both taxonomy terms and tags,
would it be possible that you and William collaborate on the project?

george