[consulting] preview of a home page

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Jan 5 17:48:47 UTC 2007

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Op donderdag 4 januari 2007 16:41, schreef Mariano Barcia:
>> there must be
>> a way to preview how the home page will look like
>
> I think you misunderstood on of Drupals Core Philosophy (community plumbing).
>
> In Drupal, due to its nature of roles and inline editing, there simply is
> no 'look like'.
>
> If you are looking for a one-way publishing system, where one group (editors)
> define what another group (readers) see, I think Drupal is the wrong choice.

i disagree. drupal is great for this application. see
http://www.angrydonuts.com/publishing_articles_a_tutorial

a preview feature is a bit complicated and site specific though, so it does
not exist. it depends on the details of your workflow. you might tag all
articles that will be published as 'edition 12' and then do a Panel or View
with 'edition 12' articles to see the next home page.