[consulting] preview of a home page

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Jan 5 22:43:10 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:

> > If you are looking for a one-way publishing system, where one group
> (editors)
> > define what another group (readers) see, I think Drupal is the wrong
> choice.
>
> i disagree. drupal is great for this application. see
> http://www.angrydonuts.com/publishing_articles_a_tutorial
>
> a preview feature is a bit complicated and site specific though, so it
> does
> not exist. it depends on the details of your workflow. you might tag all
> articles that will be published as 'edition 12' and then do a Panel or
> View
> with 'edition 12' articles to see the next home page.

Great suggestion, Moshe. I would put it even slightly more different:

* Tag/put in a workflow called "Preview"
* Have a view / panel that is live + preview + preview-archive (the
preview-archive is for, perhaps, articles that will go away from the live
* (optional) make a little code that moves all "preview" to "live" (and live
to preview-archive)

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747