[consulting] preview of a home page

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Sun Jan 7 05:34:03 UTC 2007

Later, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I am saying, I repeat: There are other tools around that do a better job, IF
> ALL YOU NEED IS A SIMPLE PUBLISHING PLATFORM.
>
> So don't get snappy on me for telling people there are alternatves to Drupal.
> There are. Wordpress IS a better blogging tool for Bob Blogger, if you can't
> live with that fact, ask Gerhard, if then you are still not convinced then
> look at the figures.

I WILL get snippy at you for attacking *exactly* what I spend most of my time
writing tools for.

Views was meant for publishing.
Nodequeue was meant for publishing.
Panels was meant for publishing.
The publishing module was meant for publishing.

You make have made some amount of money off of my tools, and I feel like I was
just told that I'm working on the wrong platform. You tell me not to get snappy
at you, and then go on to say the same thing again: I'm writing my tools for
the wrong platform.

Thanks. I'm glad to know that a year and a half (roughly) of my effort is
basically wasted. Still can't do what I want it to do, but hey it's still
pretty good for Ber's company to make a few bucks off of. Hell yes I'm going to
get snappy at you for that.