[consulting] Userreview or Nodereview?

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Jan 15 04:26:25 UTC 2007

On 1/14/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> Yeah, they are kinda similar.  They were also written independently at roughly
> the same time, and neither author knew about the other.  I wrote
> nodereview. :-)
>
> The main strengths of nodereview, at least as I intended it, are multi-axis
> support (so you can review a node on multiple criteria at the same time) and
> that a review is itself a node, with all the various Drupal node-magic that
> allows.  I freely admit, though, that the interface is kinda basic at the
> moment as it was my first project on FAPI and VotingAPI. :-)  I believe
> greggles is using it on a site, but he hasn't told me what the site is yet.
>
> I do plan to upgrade it for Drupal 5, but haven't had the time lately and I'm
> not sure what if any refactoring I want to do to it in the process (or save
> that for later).  Input (either refactoring ideas or code) are most welcome.

What about merging the two projects? Multi-axis and overall weighting
seem to be features that would be good for both. AFAICT, both use
views and votingapi and create nodes.

Userreview restricts reviews to just one. I'm working on a food
related website where people will potentially want to "review" recipes
more than once, so in my case, I'd want the restriction on 1 review
per node to be an admin option.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

--
Boris Mann