[consulting] Is this list dead?

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Tue Mar 20 11:55:30 UTC 2007

> I would disagree -- cloning existing products/services is pretty easy.
> The relationship between idea and code is a tenuous one, and an I have
> found that an innovative product usually comes with an innovative take
> on the market where that product fits -- and that is very difficult to
> clone.

In addition, once market adoption has taken place, you can clone the
product all you want, the market has already picked a winner; even if
the product is based on open source code and is arbitrary to clone. I
am somewhat of a skeptic when it comes to "first to market", but I do
definitely believe the first with the right product, with the right
feature set, value proposition, etc; to the right market at the right
time is a definite win -- but that might as well as be a tautology.
The last point might be summed up by some as execution.

Regards,
Sami Khan