[consulting] Selling Modules (was Is this list dead?)

sime info at urbits.com
Wed Mar 21 00:12:23 UTC 2007

(Pleading ignorance) I'm not sure I *get* this lengthy discussion.

If someone is illegally distributing GPL code, we'll try to make them stop.
If people are legally making money from GPL code (yours or otherwise),
then you're either jealous or you're not.

You can write your own module and you don't need to GPL it, you can
encrypt it (or whatever) and sell along with a Drupal site. This happens
with the Oi package in Mambo (at least it did a few years ago).

If you want to put Drupal on a CD and charge $1000 bucks to send it my
mail - sure thing.