[consulting] Consulting directory

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Tue Mar 27 06:56:54 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007 1:01 pm, Boris Mann wrote:
>
> > For any busy consultants (all of us!) who feel they don't have time to
> > contribute in one of the ways I've mentioned....here's an easy one.
> > Have you all contributed a case study write up of sites that you've
> > built for clients?
> >
> > The success stories section (http://drupal.org/node/15237) is not very
> > big: I ask everyone who posts in the "Drupal showcase" forum to take
> > the time to do a write up, but don't get a lot of takers. Case studies
> > like this *are* super useful, and welcomed.
>
> I didn't see one, but is there a guideline about how such success stories
> should be written?  I did a write up on my blog about a site Palantir did
> recently (http://www.garfieldtech.com/blog/wustl-goes-drupal), but I'm not
> sure if it's in a form that's appropriate for the success story section.
>
> I should probably submit it to drupalsites, too, just on principle... :-)

Yes, that's a great example. It's a bit more techie than some others,
but that's not bad at all. It's well written and talks about the site
and Drupal -- great!

I should probably write up some more extensive guidelines, but really
I've just been happy when I do get content. A list of all contrib
modules used (Even if just pasted in the end), with ideally a one
liner about why / how used is always valuable.

Please do create it as a handbook page and cut/paste in -- feel free
to attribute your web page as the original source document.

Then, a short "announce" post in the Drupal showcase forum pointing to
the site AND the case study, and we can promote that to the front
page.

Make sense? Anyone else have some they'd like to share?

--
Boris Mann
Skype borismann