[consulting] Consulting directory

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Mar 28 05:32:43 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 1:56 am, Boris Mann wrote:

> > I should probably submit it to drupalsites, too, just on principle... :-)
>
> Yes, that's a great example. It's a bit more techie than some others,
> but that's not bad at all. It's well written and talks about the site
> and Drupal -- great!
>
> I should probably write up some more extensive guidelines, but really
> I've just been happy when I do get content. A list of all contrib
> modules used (Even if just pasted in the end), with ideally a one
> liner about why / how used is always valuable.
>
> Please do create it as a handbook page and cut/paste in -- feel free
> to attribute your web page as the original source document.
>
> Then, a short "announce" post in the Drupal showcase forum pointing to
> the site AND the case study, and we can promote that to the front
> page.
>
> Make sense? Anyone else have some they'd like to share?

Case study added, with a few language tweaks for context:

 http://drupal.org/node/131592

I had already pasted a brief "hey it exists" in the forum before:

http://drupal.org/node/130130

I don't know if reposting it is appropriate.  Your call; we certainly don't
mind the publicity, but I hate to hijack the front page needlessly. ;-)

Some sort of known guidelines for what is(n't) appropriate to advertise,
where, and to what degree of detail and self-promoting is a good idea.  More
success stories can only be a good thing, both for marketing and for "how to"
value, but I didn't even realize that it was that open to adding.  Naturally
not all sites are appropriate to list there, of course.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson