[consulting] Wordpress to drupal conversion

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:21:15 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm working for www.cfwb.be (belgian governement). Our main website is
www.yapaka.be (we try to avoid ill-treatment by helping people to
communicate with each others).

We made a website for teenagers, www.100drine.be this site runs 2
installs of wordpress.

Recently we launched www.ismile4peace.org a sister website of
100drine.be. This site runs Drupal. I encourage anyone to visit the
website and add it's own smile :-)

Due to a lack of time, we are looking for someone to convert the
wordpress content to drupal. The plan is to merge www.100drine.be and
ismile4peace.org into a single drupal install.

The existing tools do not look like they will match our requirements,
so a custom module could be written.

- The resulting code must be provided as opensource and released back
to the community
- The code should try to use the drupal api to insert new nodes
instead of using direct database calls
- The drupal cron system could be used to import 10-100 nodes at a
time to avoid php timeout.
- the module should provide a way to configure the wordpress database
connection (alternatively, the config could be put in a config file)
- at least wordpress 1.5x and 2.x should be supported
- wordpress stories and categories should be imported
- the module should allow to define in which content type the blog
must be imported (defined with cck)
- the module should be written with extensibility in mind, in order to
be usefull to the community.

Please send your offers, with an estimate of time and cost. Note that
a succesful partnership may lead to other similar jobs (Drupal based).

Thank you in advance

Philippe Jadin
www.yapaka.be