[consulting] RFP for Drupal developer

Seth Schneider seth at transcoalition.org
Thu May 24 01:27:02 UTC 2007

Anyone who is interested is welcome to respond to an RFP that my
organization is circulating. While the RFP doesn't specify a particular CMS,
we're very open to receiving proposals from Drupal implementers, as Drupal
would fit well with our needs.

PROJECT SUMMARY

The Transportation and Land Use Coalition's (TALC's) web site
www.transcoalition.org is entirely based in static HTML and managed via
FrontPage from a single workstation.

This is a request for proposals for technical providers who can help us
plan, implement, and maintain a content management system (CMS) for a
revision of our site, including the migration of approximately 500 pages of
our current site content.

Requested CMS features include:

*	flexible user roles, permissions, and workflows
*	robust taxonomies
*	event calendar
*	document and image library
*	page revision tracking

We are also looking for a solution to provide private community tools such
as discussion groups and file posting. Ideally this solution will be
integrated with the CMS and with our CRM (salesforce.com), although we are
open to other models.

Graphic design will be provided by a separate design firm and is outside the
scope of this RFP.

We are also engaged in a separate process -- outside the scope of this RFP
-- to implement a CRM (salesforce.com) and e-advocacy system (Democracy In
Action).

We are looking for an experienced professional service company with a proven
track record. Our central focus is on usability. We are open to both
proprietary and open source solutions on Windows or Linux platforms.

We expect to pay between $10,000-20,000 for this project.

Proposals are due June 4, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. We aim to have our vendor
selected by June 15 and our new site launched by October 18, 2007.

To ensure that the project proceeds in a timely and efficient manner, we
expect to work with a company whose principal team members are located in
the Americas so as to keep the time zone difference to no more than three
hours. We prefer companies based in the San Francisco Bay Area and companies
who care about our mission, but these two attributes are not required.

The complete Request for Proposals can be downloaded at:
http://www.transcoalition.org/talc_cms_rfp.pdf