[consulting] Encourage people to post jobs on groups

William Smith william.darren at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:55:45 UTC 2007

> My particular question was about jobs being sent to this email
> list....so far, folks seem to be in favor of "please post on the web,
> don't send it to this list".

Mostly.  Not enough people know about the group, and I'd prefer that things
get sent to the list rather than not get posted at all, and certainly prefer
it over solicitations ending up scattershot across the various *lance*.*
sites where they are unlikely to be stumbled upon.

Dries' point that there should only be either the forum /or/ the group aside
- as I don't have an opinion on that, really, but largely agree with you
that the forum is unwieldy for this purpose - his other point that the
groups area needs to be better promoted rings true.

This is a pretty low volume list.  I'd rather not mess with RFPs and such
being posted on it if it means those requests largely disappearing from view
entirely.

William