[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Earnest Berry earnest.berry at gmail.com
Sun May 27 18:22:45 UTC 2007

+1 on the seperate site. keeps d.o. clean, open, and virgin, and yet
gives an avenue for "coporations", and businesses to support d.o. through

Another thought, that kind of keeps both parties 50/50....what about a
Drupal magazine? Although the "print" world is in a big down turn,
something to the effect of php|Arch. People could subscribe to it, and
it could contain articles by the "editors" (neutral core commiters
probabley, about "general" drupal stuff, not endorsing anything), an
then articles by people and/or companies. These articles could be paid
for by the d.o. from the subscription money. The payment would be
negligible at best. The payment is *not* so that the contributor can
make money, it's to help offset the time is will take the person to make
the article. The reason I propose this is that the articles need to be
of quality, and some monetary compensation (say $20 bucks, or $40
bucks), is just like a gift card saying "thank you". This also gives
advertisers their space to place articles.

I'm writing this thought on the road through my verizon card, so it's a
bit fast and not totally thought out, but that's the just. if a few
people agree, i can formalize this thought and see what happends.