[consulting] Encourage people to post jobs on groups

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Mon May 28 14:07:46 UTC 2007

>> On 5/25/07, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is already a jobs-forum on drupal.org itself.  Not sure we need
>>> to create two place to post these.  I think the forum is a lot more
>>> visible, so I'd prefer to nuke http://groups.drupal.org/jobs unless
>>> there is good reasons not to.
>>>
>> Maybe the reason could be having the job listing displayed in a well
>> organized table which can be searched for some parameters.
>
> Yep, if that is considered a big win (and it might well be), we
> should nuke the jobs forum, and give more visibility to the jobs group.

filtering and table presentation are nice on groups.drupal.org. but the
big win is targeted posting. the way most people post jobs is that they
navigate to their local group (i.e. boston, benelux, south africa) and
they post a job there - then the subscribers of that group receive
notification via email or rss. groups.drupal.org is still primarily
about local user groups, and job postings are a natural need of that
audience.

i need to announce the jobs feature to the community. it had a silent
launch while we were at yahoo and i have been lazy about announcing it.