[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue May 29 17:11:20 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Karthik <narakasura at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How does an affiliate link to a hosting provider not qualify as paid
> > advertising?
>
> They are not paying us to place them on the page. They are paying us
> because we are sending business their way. We do so because we believe
> that they are compliant and sound. There's a difference, subtle as it
> may be.

To me, that is just straight up advertising.

Based on my research, targeted advertising  is most effective as affiliate
sales links. The big hosting companies are offering only affiliate links for
paid advertising.  They aren't interested in image or text ads, because they
aren't effective and they don't want to pay for click-fraud.

Thanks for responding.

Cheers,
Kieran

-K

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.