[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Tue May 29 23:48:22 UTC 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Dan Robinson wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are responding to both ideas or only the job
> posting one.  What if we had a "sliding scale" for job postings?

How would a sliding scale work? In general, I'm not speaking to my
own interest here, except as a Drupal community member. pingVision
would likely be willing and able to pay a job listing fee. However,
smaller shops, freelancers and people seeking consultants might not,
and I think that would be a real shame. Yet charging some folks more
or less based on some predetermined assumptions could take us down a
road we don't want to go.

Taxing community behavior, I feel, could yield some unanticipated and/
or unwanted side effects. Sponsorships, memberships, these could
raise money without affecting the community dynamic -- and even help
by opening avenues in which Drupal users who are not developers or
designers can participate and help the commons from which they benefit.

Laura