[consulting] Drupal.org advertising proposals requested

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Wed May 30 02:08:06 UTC 2007

> How would a sliding scale work?
Perhaps depending on the gross value of a particular job or an
organizations budget etc.  We could have NGO rates as well as
commercial.  So - just as an example -

Not incorporated - Free
10,000 or less in gross revenue - $10
25,000 or less in gross revenue - $20

etc.

up to around $100K - which would be whatever the top fee would be

NGO Discounts of 25% or even more.

> In general, I'm not speaking to my own interest here, except as a
> Drupal community member. pingVision would likely be willing and able
> to pay a job listing fee. However, smaller shops, freelancers and
> people seeking consultants might not, and I think that would be a real
> shame. Yet charging some folks more or less based on some
> predetermined assumptions could take us down a road we don't want to go.
we could also institute a "Cry poverty" option - where someone could
explain why they can't pay.

> Taxing community behavior, I feel, could yield some unanticipated
> and/or unwanted side effects. Sponsorships, memberships, these could
> raise money without affecting the community dynamic -- and even help
> by opening avenues in which Drupal users who are not developers or
> designers can participate and help the commons from which they benefit.
I'm really not sure that I've suggested "taxing community behavior" but
I'm still not clear if you are referring to only the issue of
advertising for jobs or also that of a "tip jar".