[consulting] Contract > Developer liable for bugs?

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Wed Aug 6 23:20:49 UTC 2008

I didn't even know I was on this list or that it existed.

When building a Drupal site, I would never assume liability for bugs, unless
bugs are very clearly defined as part of something I wrote.   It's not like
they're paying a $100,000 licensing fee for the software.  It's open source
after all. There are going to be bugs -- I recently had a client who thought
I should fix something -- for free -- not working right with TinyMCE -- I'
always tell clients that they're saving a lot of money using Drupal but
they're going to have to pay me hourly to fix any bugs that they run into.

Sam

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Chris Miller <chris at trailheadinteractive.com