[consulting] How Do You Market Your Services?

Roshan Shah - Gloscon roshan at gloscon.com
Mon Aug 11 00:49:01 UTC 2008

Michael,

We have 2 FTE doing marketing. Social Media Marketing works best for us and
we do emphasize that we are a Drupal shop.

Roshan
http://www.gloscon.com

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Michael Haggerty <mhaggerty at trellon.com>wrote:

> My name is Michael Haggerty and I am the Chief Internet Strategist for
> Trellon.
>
> Trellon has generally not engaged in any form of marketing in the past, and
> our sales have been mostly opportunistic. The only real outreach we have
> done is through listings on the Drupal.org web site and sponsorships of
> various conferences and events. Our general approach to new business has
> been to wait for clients to find us through word of mouth, which has been
> pretty effective but does have some steep ups and downs in the long term.
>
> After collecting some feedback from clients and peers, I am about to invest
> in a marketing program for the company. Before making the investment, I have
> been seeking as many perspectives as I can to maximize the potential for
> success.
>
> So, questions for this list:
>
> 1) In general, what forms of marketing are most effective for Drupal
> companies outside of word of mouth?
>
> 2) Is it better to have a FTE doing marketing or talk to an outside firm?
>
> 3) Is it better to emphasize the fact you are a Drupal shop, or to talk
> about Drupal in the context of the other services you provide?
>
> Best Regards,
> Michael Haggerty
> *_______________________________________________*
> *
> *
> *Michael Haggerty *| Chief Internet Strategist | Trellon, LLC
>
> *web www.trellon.com* | *email* mhaggerty at trellon.com
> *tel* 240 643 6561 | *aim* haggerty321

Gloscon Solutions Inc
Open Source Web 2.0 Development Company
*Drupal *Ruby on Rails
T : 604.630.4292 (Canada)
T : 323.319.3609 (US)
Skype : bpocanada
Training/Incubation/Dedicated Resources : OpenKick.com

This email may contain confidential information, and is intended only for
the named recipient and may be privileged. Distribution or copying of this
email by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you are not
the named recipient, please notify us immediately and permanently destroy
this email and all copies of it.