[consulting] Screencast Comparing Usability of TinyMCE vs. "MarkSmarty" HTML helper

Sean Burlington sean at practicalweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 16:14:40 UTC 2008

Sam Cohen wrote:

> A great Drupal filter would be one that cleans up messy html and strips
> out Word Tags -- anyone know of a good function that does that?  I can
> turn it into a filter and share.

Kupu is the WYSIWIG editor used by plone

I've used it on another project (not Drupal) and it does a good job of
filtering out stuff you don't want (It's very configurable).

http://www.contentmanagementsoftware.info/plone/kupu

It's been on my todo list to create a kupu module for Drupal - but I
just don't get time ... so I mention it to other people every now again
in hope ;)

Kupu code is very good quality - it's easy to read

The documentation is poor.

The best bit about Drupal & Kupu together would be integration of links
- I haven't seen any other editor that allows you to insert a link from
the menu - you have to to copy/paste a url..

I'll create this module one day.

--

Sean Burlington

www.practicalweb.co.uk