[consulting] Patenting Drupal solutions

The Golden Condor ! tgcondor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 19:25:51 UTC 2008

Note a legal advice, but more of based on my own experience and
observations: you can patent what you're doing if hasn't been done before.
You don't nomally patent software, but you patent methods to solve a problem
or to generate something. So while your code may still be covered under GPL
or a similar license, there is nothing to stop you from patenting it if you
haven't distributed it yet. But even if it has been published, I think in US
or Canada (forgot which) you still have up to one year to apply for the
patent.

Needless to say, I am a software developer and I concure that software
patents are evil :O)