[consulting] A recruiter to watch out for...

Darrel O'Pry darrel.opry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 20:59:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:11 AM, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:

> It was unprofessional to send this to the mailing list.

Is that your opinion or a statement of fact.  Running a business doesn't
grant you license to declare yourself an authority on professionalism. I
think the fact that some people found the information useful and newsworthy,
no matter how much a minority, makes the conversation relevant.

> This information should have been kept between the two parties.  This
> entire conversation reflects badly on both companies, and reflects
> badly on the Drupal community's professionalism and the quality of
> this mailing list.

Do you really think your standards of professionalism should be applied to
the whole community, or are those people who have been members of this
community for years who disagree with you not significant?

This mailing list is not a place to threaten people or to publicly
> bash on other companies.  Therefore, we shall _stop_ this thread now
> and focus on constructive conversations instead.  I'll use my mailing
> list moderator powers to start banning people that don't take this
> request seriously.

 I think Alex was in his right to express a bad experience with a recruiting
firm, I bet there are other people on this list who have considered using a
recruiting firm to find Drupal talent who might have found this information
useful. I'm sure no one would complain if Alex has posted an email about a
really great recruiting firm he had found.

Is this not a place for recruiters to share their experiences?