[consulting] Project Management Solution - Project Module + Organic Groups

Roshan - Gloscon (Drupal and RoR dev) roshan at gloscon.com
Sun Jan 11 02:29:56 UTC 2009

We are using project + OG  for quite for project issue tracking ( We call
this drupzilla).  We have also enhanced it for time entry(billable v/s
non-billable hours) and everyone in our company is assigned work and reports
updates in drupzilla. We have been using this for over 4 months now and are
also making enhancements where it doesn't meet our needs.

Roshan Shah
http://www.gloscon.com
604-630-4292

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Greg Knaddison <
Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Julie Edgett
> <julie at marketingcontinuum.com> wrote:
> > I have been watching this topic on the list.  I have 2 questions:
> > 1. Does anyone use DOTProject to track projects/as their project
> > management system?
>
> No, but this is a nice opportunity to describe an alternate we've been
> using for a few months now.
>
> People used to insult project module quite a bit.  Recently project
> module has grown by leaps and bounds to the point that I think it
> makes a reasonable choice as a generalized project tracking system.
> As a bonus, working with Project module means that you have the
> ability to easily improve one of the major features on drupal.org.
>
> I recently began a wiki to provide a guide of how to achieve a private
> client issue tracker using Project and OG modules[1].  In case anyone
> is considering building a new system like that, I hope you'll consider
> Project + OG.  There is also a glue module at og_project [2] which
> currently doesn't do much but could provide some more advanced
> integration.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
>
> [1]  http://groups.drupal.org/node/14954
> [2] http://drupal.org/project/og_project
>
> --
> Greg Knaddison
> http://knaddison.com | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com

Gloscon Solutions Inc - http://www.gloscon.com/portfolio
* Drupal and Ruby on Rails Powerhouse
Skype : bpocanada
T : 604.630.4292 (Canada)
This email may contain confidential information, and is intended only for
the named recipient and may be privileged. Distribution or copying of this
email by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you are not
the named recipient, please notify us immediately and permanently destroy
this email and all copies of it.