[consulting] Project Management Solution - Project Module + Organic Groups

Greg Knaddison Greg at growingventuresolutions.com
Sun Jan 11 01:59:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Julie Edgett
<julie at marketingcontinuum.com> wrote:
> I have been watching this topic on the list.  I have 2 questions:
> 1. Does anyone use DOTProject to track projects/as their project
> management system?

No, but this is a nice opportunity to describe an alternate we've been
using for a few months now.

People used to insult project module quite a bit.  Recently project
module has grown by leaps and bounds to the point that I think it
makes a reasonable choice as a generalized project tracking system.
As a bonus, working with Project module means that you have the
ability to easily improve one of the major features on drupal.org.

I recently began a wiki to provide a guide of how to achieve a private
client issue tracker using Project and OG modules[1].  In case anyone
is considering building a new system like that, I hope you'll consider
Project + OG.  There is also a glue module at og_project [2] which
currently doesn't do much but could provide some more advanced
integration.

Thanks,
Greg

[1]  http://groups.drupal.org/node/14954