[consulting] How do you bill client hours?

dejiakala dejiakala at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 21:18:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed something during this discussion on billing and
different software available? CCK and Views have popped up a couple of
times. Maybe this is off topic, but is there a future for custom modules
apart from this "double-headed giant"?

2009/1/12 Jim Taylor <jim at rootyhollow.com>

> I've been experimenting recently with STROM (
> http://drupal.org/project/storm) a Drupal module.   Though it allows you
> to record time tracking the time tracking nodes do not have a timer.  I have
> been using DotProject up to know, though decided to look at Storm because
> it's integrates with my site.  I am using it for a small project I'm working
> on now, would be happy to report back once I get further into it.
>
> Another helpful thing about storm is it uses nodes for all it's differnt
> tracking (People, Organizations, Projects, Tasks, etc...) menain it has CCK
> integration.
>
> Jim
>
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Darrel O'Pry <darrel.opry at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I will totally second the freshbooks situation... I love it... and for
>> general cash flow tracking I really like buxfer.com, but it doesn't have
>> freshbooks integration yet...
>>
>> On Jan 10, 2009 6:04 PM, "Julie Edgett" <julie at marketingcontinuum.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Mark Shropshire wrote: > I like projectpier too.. Works nice and open
>> source. I use clientexec > fo...

>> list > consulting at drupal.or...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been watching this topic on the list.  I have 2 questions:
>> 1. Does anyone use DOTProject to track projects/as their project
>> management system?
>> 2. If so, does anyone know of a more detailed time/billing module for
>> this system?  I would prefer something that will integrate with
>> DOTProject and provide more detailed reporting for billing purposes.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Julie
>>

>> --
>> Julie Edgett, President
>> Marketing Continuum
>> www.MarketingContinuum.com
>>
>> O: 480-242-4821
>> F: 480-718-7903
>>
>> Mailing Address:
>> 5589 Bellevue Circle
>> Dublin, CA 94568

> Jim Taylor
> Rooty Hollow LLC, Owner
> jim at rootyhollow.com
> www.rootyhollow.com
> (614) 886-5530

Deji Akala
iJed Webs Ltd
http://www.ijed.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1793 495537
Mob: +44 (0)7951 619654

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."