[consulting] Rate sharing/price fixing (Was: Estimation-Blowout case-studies wanted)

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Mon Mar 2 03:56:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 20:38 -0500, Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg wrote:
> Here's a question: are developers able to share their rates amongst
> each other? I'm not a lawyer, so don't take my word for it, but I'd be
> careful about posting your rates on the Consultant list, as someone
> might consider it an attempt at "price fixing"/collusion.
>
> I think it's a gray area, and I don't know if anyone out there really
> cares about whether Drupal shops publicly share their rates, but I
> thought I'd put that out there.

That topic has been discussed before. One time it started with the
listing of this mail list's policies:

http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/consulting/2006-March/000595.html

It's probably also been brought up since then, but I have other things
to do than search the archives right now.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/