[consulting] Estimation-Blowout case-studies wanted

Mehboob Alam malam at thinkx.com
Mon Mar 2 20:25:09 UTC 2009

> But I'm far from convinced that its illegal to share your rates with your competitors,one to one or on a mailing list.

If GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota agree to set prices, that's "collusion"

If JetBlue, SouthWest, Alaska and others decide to set minimum prices
for certain routes, that's "collusion"

If several LCD manufacturers agree to fix their prices, and that ended
up costing Apple a lot of money due to the lack of competitive
bidding, that's "collusion".

Publishing your rates here.. not so much. The clients have a choice of
thousands of possible vendors for these kinds of projects, and it
would be difficult to set minimum prices.

And then, anyone who desperately needs the work can easily low-ball
their rates to get the project.

So, fire away.. :)

just my opinion..