[consulting] Estimation-Blowout case-studies wanted

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Thu Mar 26 00:12:04 UTC 2009

There is a logical fallacy in there. What you are really claiming is
that rate disclosure does not directly lead to a monopoly, therefor it
is either legal or somehow not as illegal as other collusive behavior.
We could have a long discussion of what type of fallacy it is. I go
for begging the question.

Feel free to disclose your rates. On advice of counsel, I won't.

Cary

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Mehboob Alam <malam at thinkx.com> wrote:
>> But I'm far from convinced that its illegal to share your rates with your competitors,one to one or on a mailing list.
>
> If GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota agree to set prices, that's "collusion"
>
> If JetBlue, SouthWest, Alaska and others decide to set minimum prices
> for certain routes, that's "collusion"
>
> If several LCD manufacturers agree to fix their prices, and that ended
> up costing Apple a lot of money due to the lack of competitive
> bidding, that's "collusion".
>
> Publishing your rates here.. not so much. The clients have a choice of
> thousands of possible vendors for these kinds of projects, and it
> would be difficult to set minimum prices.
>
> And then, anyone who desperately needs the work can easily low-ball
> their rates to get the project.
>
> So, fire away.. :)
>
> just my opinion..

Cary Gordon