[consulting] Estimation-Blowout case-studies wanted

Roshan Shah roshan.shah at bpocanada.com
Thu Mar 26 01:15:00 UTC 2009

It doesn't take anyone a lot of  time to find out rates.  If you have a big
project and you post on Drupal Paid Services forum asking people / companies
to subcontract work to and ask them to put a hourly rate there, you are
likely to get rates ranging from as low as $8/hr to $150/hr from a lot of
companies and individual freelancers.

We  try not to give out rates to leads that comes from gmail or yahoo
account  or via  our get an estimate form with free email listed there. We
also try and ensure that one of us speak with the customer first on
phone(not skype,etc) to find out more details on his/her project.  And if
someone just calls in directly and asks the rate and the caller id is
"Unknown",we just give a very high hourly rate.

In our case, we have a different rates for varios services like developer,
architect, project manager, long-term dedicated resource, on-demand
services, remote training, onsite training, documentation, SEO turning,
Drupal advisory/consulting, hardening server security,  and monthly retainer
for infrastructure monitoring. Even when we bid on fixed price projects, we
use combination of various rates.

I don't see anything illegal in sharing rates in global economy. There are
many clients who are looking for best price with offhshore teams and many
others looking for local consultants at higher rates and many willing to pay
premuim for "On Demand Service" as a retainer with 24x7 availability.

Roshan
http://www.gloscon.com