[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Wed Mar 4 16:11:46 UTC 2009

/In my mind, this group should never tell someone NOT to use Drupal if
it’s a possible solution, because we’re here together to promote/extend
Drupal and penetrate as many markets as we can. Its Drupal first on this
list right?/

I have to disagree with this statement.

Drupal is a very flexible CMS. We all know that. However, there are some
projects for which Drupal is not the best solution. I think more damage
is done by encouraging someone to use Drupal when it is not the best
solution for a project than by referring them to another project. Making
someone pound a square peg into a round hole is only likely to frustrate
them, cast a poor light on Drupal.

Brian