[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Wed Mar 4 17:42:45 UTC 2009

Andrew,

As much as some day I hope Drupal is able to be everything to everyone,
it still does not match up to standalone solutions in some areas such as
wikis or forums. *puts on asbestos underwear*

The work I do isn't necessarily about promoting Drupal. It's about
providing my clients the best solution to their needs at the best price.
In most situations, Drupal is the solution of choice. However, I can't
in good conscience recommend a client use Drupal if all they want is a
forum (for instance). The costs of making a pure Drupal solution match
up to the feature set of VBulletin is cost prohibitive if that is what
the client wants.

Like I said above - I love Drupal, and will use it as far as is feasible
to accomplish my clients' objectives. But it's just one tool in the
toolbox, and occasionally, it's not the right one from a cost/benefit
perspective.

Brian