[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:00:50 UTC 2009

> So as an example, I'd be disappointed if someone posted to this
> list "I have a lead on an engagement to provide discussion forums to a
> client, how do I position Drupal against vBulletin?" and have "They really
> should use vBulletin it's a better product" be an acceptable response.  Why?
> Because Drupal forums are a viable market player and this group, in this
> particular setting, cares about proliferating the use of Drupal, not
> ensuring that Company X (who we don't even know) has a good discussion
> forum.

I personally think that's a ridiculous position to take. To push
Drupal even if it's not in the best interests of your client? I would
never consider recommending to a client to invest his money in the
wrong tool. I think it's simply unethical--clients come to me for my
expert advice on how best to meet their needs, not how to become a cog
in the wheel of some non-existent Drupal advertising machine.

Fred