[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Wed Mar 4 20:54:17 UTC 2009

You are right George. I haven't posted any patches. I highly respect
those people that do contribute, but I don't have the free time above
and beyond what my business & family need; if a client doesn't want to
pay to have a module written, I can't contribute the hours into it. I
wish I had come across Drupal when I was in university when I had the
free time...

Let's say a client paid me to write a good wiki module to make it work
with Drupal. I would write it, and contribute it back; that shortcoming
would be solved. However, I can't at this stage run a business where I
spend several hours per day working on hobby modules; I would quickly go
broke.

To get back to the subject of the list, conversation over what Drupal
can't do *right now* for our clients deserves a place on this list. What
Drupal will be able to do in the future doesn't affect how I approach
projects that I need to do for my clients *right now*.

I am starting to doubt we are ever going to come to a consensus over
what we should be talking about.

Brian