[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Domenic Santangelo domenic at workhabit.com
Wed Mar 4 20:57:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Andrew R. Kelly <arkelly at cognisync.com> wrote:
> Drupal solution providers are in their infancy

I guess that depends on how you define "infancy". Aren't Aquia,
Lullabot, WorkHabit, et al "Drupal Solution Providers"? I don't think
I'd say they're all in their infancy.

> and its clear that this audience isn't the right one to talk about how to
> build this business.

Build what business? Are you talking about:
> I would love to see this list essentially act as the consulting arm of Drupal, Inc.

? If so, you should look up the above mentioned companies, especially
Aquia, as they're as close to an "official" shop as it gets.

I think you might misunderstand the breadth of people who hang out on
this list, or who would consider themselves Drupal consultants. There
are employees of shops (like me, and others in the thread), as well as
independent consultants.

The reason you're getting pushback, Andrew, is because you're talking
to a bunch of consultants who (mostly) aren't married to one platform.
It just happens to be that Drupal works in some business cases for
them, sometimes not. You're talking more about evangelizing and
marketing.

-D