[consulting] Who exactly is this list for?

Andrew R. Kelly arkelly at cognisync.com
Wed Mar 4 21:27:46 UTC 2009

I'm not sure but I think you just agreed that maybe another list is
warranted :).

Its more than evangelism and marketing though, to be specific:

1.  General marketing conversations.  What types of markets are there for
Drupal solutions?  How to penetrate them?  What sales strategy works?
2.  General competitive conversations.  Drupal by its very nature competes
in several markets, and we're all small shops with very little bandwidth to
do competitive analysis.
3.  Development of "kill sheets" for other products (joomla, jive
clearspace, MS Sharepoint, etc)
4.  Sharing of security audit fodder (difficult to complete and can be a
deal-breaker for open source solutions in the enterprise)
5.  FUD-defense ("Drupal is not scalable, Drupal isn't secure, yadda yadda")
6.  Sales/Mktg Collateral (Drupal-based sites, Drupal popularity, etc).
7.  Value of Integrations.  The salesforce conversation last week was
interesting, what would be the market value of salesforce integration? Where
can we go to sell that capability?
8.  Contract stuff (license agreements, how to establish give-back to the
community from your clients, etc).  This might overlap with this list.
9.  Partnering info - Often times 1+1 = 3 if you have the ability to bring
in the right skillset at the right time.
10.  I can't think of one but didn't want to end at 9.

The qualifier of whether or not you belong on that list is whether or not
you cringe at the phrase "kill sheet".  If you smile at it you can be a
moderator :).

Andrew