[consulting] Sluggishness Concern

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Thu Mar 5 16:46:50 UTC 2009

My drupal 6 sites are new sites, so I can't compare them to Drupal 5 sites
in terms of speed.

I'm not saying Drupal 6 is slower, only that the Drupal 6 sites I've set up
have been slow, in part because I'm depending on modules a lot more now,
where in the past I used to do a lot more customization.

On one site, the devel module shows about 25mb of php per page load -- when
logged in as admin.  On another host, when I turned dev on I got the white
screen of death for using up too much memory, so I had to disable devel
thought the database.

I'd be surprised to hear that no one is having these sluggishness problems.
I really have to consider new hosts altogether.

Any names of shared hosting companies people are very pleased with would be
great.

Thanks,
Sam