[consulting] Sluggishness Concern

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Thu Mar 5 17:19:44 UTC 2009

Hello, Sam,

I think your last line really nails it:

Sam Cohen wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Any names of shared hosting companies people are very pleased with would be
> great.

I can't name a single shared hosting provider I'd recommend for a site
that needs guaranteed uptime.

On most shared hosts, sites are competing for limited resources; as a
result, a site can be slow for reasons that have nothing to do with the
site, and everything to do with other traffic on the shared host.

One example (among many) is "Error 28" as described here:
http://drupal.org/node/44160#comment-90565

In short, on a site you are bringing live for a client, I strongly
recommend getting a VPS with dedicated resources.

Cheers,

Bill

--

Bill Fitzgerald