[consulting] Sluggishness Concern

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Mar 5 17:13:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Sam Cohen <sam at samcohen.com> wrote:
> A dedicated server is definitely a possibility if the client's business
> works out, but in the beginning they want to start with a shared host.
>
> So my question is, has anyone found any shared hosts that a
> heavily-module-loaded Drupal 6 site can really fly on?

Shared hosting is maybe $5 to $10/month.  A basic VPS is $20-$40.  How
much consulting time did you spend trying to save them ~$30/month?

The low cost of shared hosting is a false savings.  Security and
performance implications of shared hosting make it a clear bad choice
for anything beyond a static site (including sites you edit only once
a week, or something like that).

That said, the articles in http://groups.drupal.org/high-performance
can help you enormously.

Regards,