[consulting] Future of the Consultants Group... groups.drupal.org

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Mar 6 18:47:33 UTC 2009

Gang,

While we are thinking about the meaning and purpose of this group...

With the Drupal.org redesign, it looks like the possibility of migrating
this list serve to groups.drupal.org with full list serve/email mirroring
will be possible. My understanding about why this group isn't already on
groups.drupal.org is because some people really like the "push" and prefer
to engage in this kind of conversation via email as opposed to a web forum.
If groups.drupal.org ends up enabling mailhandler and webtomail modules,
which I think they will, the result could be the best of both worlds.

There are huge advantages to these kinds of conversations happening on a
drupal.org web property. The ability to find them, tag them, reach out to
new members is huge. In addition, I find the head shots that are enabled on
groups.drupal.org to be really important. It reminds me that I'm working
with other people... AND makes it easier to spot people at DrupalCon! There
are many other reasons.

So the question... are there any reasons you have for not wanting to move
this conversation to groups.drupal.org... once groups has enabled full email
mirroring?

Shai