[consulting] preparing clients for Drupal 5 obsolesence

Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg Alex at ZivTech.com
Tue Mar 10 18:04:45 UTC 2009

> So it's not about driving clients away or not: it's about satisfying
concrete requirements with good engineering.

Point taken, and I agree to a large degree, though with a caveat. I, for
one, almost never go into a project thinking that the clients knows what
their requirements are (at least on the technical side), which is why
they've decided to hire Drupal experts- to help translate their business
goals into a technical reality. I usually flinch when I talk to a potential
client that "knows" what their technical requirements are prior to working
with devs who understand the subtleties involved in the tech decision making
process (this is not always the case- we have some incredible clients that
do in fact know exactly what they want/need on the technical side).

--
Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg
ZivTech, LLC
alex at zivtech.com