[consulting] How is the market for Drupal talent?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:59:48 UTC 2009

I agree with Khalid!

It's easy enough to test out for a while.

Just wish to add two things:

1. There is no more security in a "day job with benefits" then there is in
free lancing. Ask the hundreds of thousands of technological workers who
have lost their jobs over the past six months about that. And with severance
pay in the U.S. (way behind other civilized countries) that comes as a rude
awakening for anyone.
2. Actually, folks, we're all working for the same bosses, whatever the
format. What you have to watch out for, Tao, is the biggest danger of all,
not being without work (that's not going to happen to you), but that of
super self-exploitation.

As an "independent" worker, I work 18 hour days; I would never allow a
visible employer to exploit me so cruelly. But somehow the warm and fuzzy
illusion of "independence" makes me feel I am "working for myself".

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. It's just that being
freelance you can at least tend to do more interesting work and not be
subject to the anarchy of production so directly in a fixed crystalized work
situation.

One day we will work for the real needs of humanity, all together,

Saludos,

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com